zondag 27 maart 2011

Bag for my daughter's birthday



My daughther turned 10 this Friday and I wanted to surprise her with one of my own creations. I found the pattern for the Granny square at 'Haken en meer' and I started with that. The pretty colour cotton I had found in a shop in the city centre. Then I thought how to incorporate this into a bag. I figured it is nice to crochet a white base and stitch the squares on top.

Then the rest came to me. For the top part I first calculated how many beads I needed (25 in this case) and I put them on the yarn first. Then you just make single crochet and when you want to add the bead you just put it into the stitch. I think it looks quite pretty.

The second part is a quite complicated pattern. I took it from the book 'Haken!' from Betty Barnden. It is 'stars'.



The buttons I stitched on it afterwards. I had found them earlier and thought they were very pretty. They fit quite right. Then the bottom part are single crochets. But honostly I always go with the flow. It comes to me during the process. So sometimes I change to double crochet if I feel it looks better. When I figured that the granny squares should fit, I started with pink for the back side of the bag. I used a so called 'weave stitch' for the back side. This means a single crochet, then a chain stitch, a single crochet after skipping one stitch and so on. I did the back side in the pink, blue and white.

Then I stitched the granny squares together and on the bag and stitched the sides together. For the edge at the top of the bag I did a single crochet and entered the needle every fifth stitch in the second row underneath. The shoulder strap is made of Zpagetti and I added a flower with a flower button.

If you have questions or remarks, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks,

Francis

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten